So we cracked on with the front suspension. We had some leaf springs made to order (24" x 1 1/4") so the scale of the suspension looks correct. We used our in house bender to produce the axle using 38mm/1 1/4" tube, 2 bends either side were necessary to get to the point where we were happy with the angle where the axle met the kingpin outer tube. I didn't like the idea of attaching the axle to the leaf springs using only 4 u-bolts, so for added security (ie to stop the axle moving fore and aft) we fitted 2 turnbuckles each side with 10mm rod ends. The added advantage is that the caster can be adjusted and maintained (we might be over thinking this but every little helps with suspension set-up regardless of vehicle). The camber compensator rods look very period to boot. Some 16mm dia tube was used for the steering column topped off with a quick release steering wheel boss. Meanwhile more body filler was added to the Boat Tail...